Image Map

Work in Progress

“In the best travel, disconnection is a necessity. Concentrate on where you are; do no back-home business; take no assignments; remain incommunicado; be scarce. It is a good thing that people don’t know where you are or how to find you. Keep in mind the country you are in. That’s the theory.”
–Paul Theroux

A human who loves the world, finds beauty in the unknown, and can't keep her feet on the ground. I like finding unique (and cheap) ways of making my way around the globe. Interacting with people while living, learning, and loving the culture I'm surrounded by.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Might as well...

Give it a try, right? 

I just got back from spending 6 months abroad, living my (and apparently everyone else's) dream. I was WAY too preoccupied with uhh, I don't know... traveling the world... to worry about keeping anyone at the home front up to date about my 5 W's (and sometimes how). Unless you count Instagram posts a few times a week. Which my mom didn't. 

I wasn't bothered. I was on the other side of the world doing MY own thing. I didn't keep anyone updated and I was clueless as to what was going on back home.

Now that I'm back home I realize how out of the  l o o p  I was (and still am). It makes it easy for me to jump right into another adventure, not having anything holding me down. As the ever so popular inspirational text over scenic image on your favorite social media site goes, "No reason to stay is a good reason to go". RIGHT? 

But I feel guilty. There are a lot of people in Vegas that I love to the moon and back, people that I assume have a slight concern invested in my whereabouts and well-being. 

So for these people (however few they may be) and for fellow traveling addicts, I am going to give this blog thing a try. Might as well xxEllie

 The Overlook - Zion National Park, Utah, USA - February 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment