Image Map

Work in Progress

“In the best travel, disconnection is a necessity. Concentrate on where you are; do no back-home business; take no assignments; remain incommunicado; be scarce. It is a good thing that people don’t know where you are or how to find you. Keep in mind the country you are in. That’s the theory.”
–Paul Theroux

A human who loves the world, finds beauty in the unknown, and can't keep her feet on the ground. I like finding unique (and cheap) ways of making my way around the globe. Interacting with people while living, learning, and loving the culture I'm surrounded by.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Go Overseas

I recently did an interview for Gooverseas.com, a great company who's philosophy aligns with mine. They provide people with different outlets for satisfying their travel bug whether it be through a gap year or volunteering. They outline options for everyone and support you along the way.

Although I hadn't stumbled across them while searching for a post-graduate job abroad, I wish I would have had them as a resource. Even now, I have been browsing the "study abroad" options. Not sure when, but eventually I want to go back to school. It's nice knowing that there are loads of opportunities out there for me to live abroad while studying. It has opened up my mind to more of the countless options I have. 

Check out my interview!

I initially got involved by leaving a review of Adventure Teaching, the recruitment team I utilized to land a job in Korea. The review I wrote can be found here. After leaving the review I was contacted by one of the website managers, requesting more information in an "interview" format.  I was honored that they were interested in asking me more detailed questions about my experience and happy to share.

It took me a few edits to get everything laid out how I wanted it, and I am really happy with the final product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment