Image Map

Work in Progress

“In the best travel, disconnection is a necessity. Concentrate on where you are; do no back-home business; take no assignments; remain incommunicado; be scarce. It is a good thing that people don’t know where you are or how to find you. Keep in mind the country you are in. That’s the theory.”
–Paul Theroux

A human who loves the world, finds beauty in the unknown, and can't keep her feet on the ground. I like finding unique (and cheap) ways of making my way around the globe. Interacting with people while living, learning, and loving the culture I'm surrounded by.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Throwback // Goldfield, Nevada

Car Forest - Goldfield, Nevada
Yes! One of my first times really exploring Nevada. Even the 3 hour drive to this place was a refreshing change from the typical drive down the I-15 I usually take out of Nevada.

Me and a few friends have a weekly goal to have an adventure/exploration day where we do something or go somewhere random and exciting and FUN. This week our desire to entertain ourselves took us out to a real ghost town. Number 1 on the agenda was a "car graveyard". That's all we knew about it. I had no idea what to expect. Except awesomeness. And that's what I found.

 

My favorite part is that we were the only people there, wandering around a desert spotted with cars standing on their noses. The cars were decorated with art and bullet holes and came in all shapes and sizes. Limos, buses and even a space reserved for a few bikes and trikes. 

We stumbled upon a few art cars parked off the main road and had a blast checking them out. There was some really random and crazy things glued to these cars, most of them washed out and tainted by the sun, which just added more character to them.




** This trip took place back in the early summer of 2014, before I left to Korea. I found it in my drafts, and although it's not complete... I figured I should post in anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment