Image Map

Work in Progress

“In the best travel, disconnection is a necessity. Concentrate on where you are; do no back-home business; take no assignments; remain incommunicado; be scarce. It is a good thing that people don’t know where you are or how to find you. Keep in mind the country you are in. That’s the theory.”
–Paul Theroux

A human who loves the world, finds beauty in the unknown, and can't keep her feet on the ground. I like finding unique (and cheap) ways of making my way around the globe. Interacting with people while living, learning, and loving the culture I'm surrounded by.

Monday, June 23, 2014

It's happening

Visa has arrived. Flight has been booked. I have been putting my energy into getting myself to Korea and everything is finally happening. 

It still doesn't feel real. It won't feel real until I'm on that 14 hour plane ride across the Pacific Ocean. I know that's the case because a year ago when I shipped off to Europe with minimal plans and money - I didn't realize what I was doing until I was doing it.

Being on international flights gives you A LOT of time. Time to contemplate, ask yourself questions, prepare for the changes that are to come. There will undoubtedly be changes. 

Not only am I uprooting my life and replanting in a foreign country, with a new language and new people and a new home - I am starting my career. I have been exchanging emails with coworkers for a while, and they have done nothing but made me more excited about what's to come. 

I leave Friday morning and will be teaching by Monday. I have to settle into Korea while saving up some of my sanity to teach a classroom full of kids in addition to the surreal feeling of what my new life will be like.

BRING IT ON. 

I'm going to have a rough weekend. Saying goodbye to all the amazing people in my life here in Vegas, and hello to the new ones. The transition, it's going to be hard. But it's going to be so worth it. 

My dreams are coming true, so many of them. I tell myself every day how lucky and thankful I am to have these opportunities :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment