Image Map

Work in Progress

“In the best travel, disconnection is a necessity. Concentrate on where you are; do no back-home business; take no assignments; remain incommunicado; be scarce. It is a good thing that people don’t know where you are or how to find you. Keep in mind the country you are in. That’s the theory.”
–Paul Theroux

A human who loves the world, finds beauty in the unknown, and can't keep her feet on the ground. I like finding unique (and cheap) ways of making my way around the globe. Interacting with people while living, learning, and loving the culture I'm surrounded by.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Throwback // San Diego








Over the past few months I've been lucky enough to take a few spontaneous trips to the lovely city of San Diego. We took a little family stroll in February for my mom's birthday celebration. We stayed at a cute little house three blocks away from the beach.

City artwork on our morning run


Waffles stuffed with ice cream 

Typical California street view


And then I was lucky enough to return with friends a few months later. We went to visit Mar, who wisely left Vegas to move out here. She was a cute little apartment with a gentleman she found off of Criag's List. Calling him a gentleman makes him sound old - but he was really awesome and they got along really well. When we arrived we decided we wanted to take the ferry over to Coronado, just so that we could get out on the water for cheap! We had dinner in the touristy shopping center and headed back to meet Mar when she got off work.
 


 

We went to Mission Beach and took this cute photo ^^



We visited Chicano Park and checked out hundreds of incredible murals. 


 

And we went to a brewery and sampled lots of yummy beer and I took a photo in front of a map.  












** Also found this in my drafts from early 2014. Although seemingly incomplete, these are good memories! I'm taking a walk down memory lane at the moment. Since I am really taking it easy the beginning of this year (and end of my contract in Korea), I have more time to do some house keeping with my blog and photos. There are still a chunk of places in Europe I've never written about, and I would really like to get those done before I start traveling again in June!


No comments:

Post a Comment